Archive for the ‘NETWORKING’ Category
We have opportunities for students in need of internship to gain hands on experience in small business IT needs. Here is a list of areas that could be beneficial for prospective student and TMNW.
1. Project manager for building and managing new website
Assess the need, bandwidth, and capacity of adding an electronic library with 3000 titles that is easy to access for the visually impaired, and disabled, make recommendation and implement recommendations. Test functionality of website.
2. Network all 8 computers for shared data
3. Develop a plan and implement to access 12TB hardrive for remote access of data. Develop and implement backup storage with remote access, which is economically feasible for small non profit.
4. Troubleshoot software issues and maintain all computers to be at optimal operations, suggestions upgrades as needed an implement upgrades as required.
5. Write new software program for custom library system or locate one that would be similar to present software but easier to use and support.
For additional details contact Rav Kang firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be the core of our data team – working with our Account Managers, Creative, Production and Data Processing team
members. You will help everyone stay on schedule and maintain the excellent quality of data. As well as, taking on new roles
within the department, and helping achieve our higher goals. Everyone will depend on both your technical expertise and
project management skills.
We are a digital printing/direct mail agency that serves brand-name clients nationwide. We are a stable company that has been
in business for over 30 years. Our ideal candidate will have prior work experience at a direct mail /database marketing
company, digital marketing agency, or similar.
• Enjoy problem-solving.
• Manage many projects simultaneously and maintain highly organized work while working within pressured deadlines.
• Foster collaboration among team members, other departments and vendors.
• See the “big picture” and are proactive.
• Share knowledge and skills with co-workers.
• Motivate others to perform well.
• Manage error-free creation of data for projects within specified time, resource and budget restrictions.
• Develop procedures for the Data Processing department which includes conversion, merge/purge, mail files, NCOA
and any special data request instructions.
• Assess the instructions of the CSR/Client in order to achieve the desired output.
• Offer solutions and alternatives when problems arise.
• Recognize opportunities for and initiate improvements on workflow and processes.
• Identify automation opportunities.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with other departments.
• Negotiate schedules with internal departments and vendors.
• Act as a data subject matter expert to our account management team.
• Develop and maintain program delivery schedules.
• Develop reports to help build strategies for our customers.
• QC data input and output.
• Clearly identify & communicate any inconsistencies discovered within customer data.
• 3 – 5 years general business experience, with a minimum of 2 years working with databases.
• Ability to translate semi-technical instructions for programmers, and the ability to translate technical/data
information into understandable language for a client/account manager.
• Advanced Microsoft Office & data normalization skills.
• Basic understanding of flat & relational databases, networking, mail merge concepts, and dbase commands.
• Understanding of direct marketing data processing and/or production is preferred.
• Full time Position
• $18.00/hr – $22.00/hr (DOE)
contact Rav Kang email@example.com
Further information available at http://www.rainierconnect.com/about-us/careers
Rainier Connect is now accepting resumes for two entry level positions on our helpdesk. Candidates should be comfortable with some or all of the experience items listed below. These positions will primarily work evenings and weekends. For immediate consideration for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Support Technician” as the subject.
• Troubleshooting software, hardware, and server issues
• Troubleshooting service and non-service issues
• Speaking with customers over the phone, via email, or chat
• Troubleshooting and escalating cable internet, DSL, phone, CATV, email and webhosting issues as needed
• Troubleshooting issues at a customer premise
• Familiar with using Macintosh, Linux, or Windows operating systems
• Command prompt experience using utilities such as Ping, Tracert, Ipconfig, and Nslookup a major plus
• Rudimentary understanding of how web hosting and DNS works
• Experience with basic networking in a residential or business setting
Typical traits required for this position:
Excellent customer service skills
Desire to learn new skills and work with new products
Comfortable supporting customers on site, and in person
Stellar interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
Ability to handle frustrated and/or angry customers in a courteous manner
A tolerance for handling frustrating technical support situations
A+, Network +, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA, MCP
Location: Tacoma, WA
Compensation: $12 to $15/hr
Rainier Connect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will provide first level technical support to students and staff at a variety of schools. The primary functions are working on student computers in classrooms, labs and libraries. The College Tech provides LAN support and configures network resources (network printers, wireless access points, etc). Troubleshooting skills and above-average customer support skills are necessary to be successful.
Utilizing Symantec’s Ghost, intern will be imaging and preparing for deployment around 85 workstations with our Criminal image. Using a pre-defined process, intern will un-box, reset a bios setting, image, tag and then prepare for delivery to the end user. Additionally, the intern may prepare older units for shipment to the City’s Warehouse. Volunteer position, flexible hours between 8AM and 5 PM M-F. Will train.
The Intern will be taught to build and strip desktop computers. Replace parts and insert additional hardware. He will also be instructed how to test the hardware and load a set of programs to make the computers fully functional.
1. Extract useful parts from scrap computers
2. Check computer hardware and replace faulty parts
3. Load the Operating System (OS) drivers and all required programs
4. Test all programs
5. May be required to help with light building maintenance. Prefer candidates who have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
A+ Certification desired but not required
2nd October 2009 – Production Assistant
We’re not a good computer builder unless we have a great build crew! In this position, you will be assisting our critical production team, whose responsibilities include:
– inventory management
– prioritizing and performing our computer builds
– installation of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
– thoroughly testing finished computer systems
– troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing computers
– packing product safely for shipping
Our assembly technicians not only are responsible for cleanly building Puget computers, but also have to be very responsive to learning what customers are looking for from the sales staff, and what problems they can help prevent from the support staff.
As an assistant to our production team, you will learn the skills necessary to perform each role. You will have daily interaction with cutting edge hardware, and will experience first-hand the rewards and challenges of a boutique computer builder.
(425) 458-0273 x6003